2.16.2009

YO!

Hiya. Casey here. Welcome to our new blog! Jordann had talked to me about how she wanted to start a vegan/vegetarian blog where we could post recipes, green tips, and the like, so here it is. We want to be able to share our favorite veg/vegan dishes, give easy tips to help people follow the three Rs, and give links to pages that are in support of our ideals of trying to better the planet.

That all being said, I must be honest. I'm not a vegetarian. I do eat meat sometimes, but in living with Jordann and our vegetarian roommate, Jackie, as well as having many veg friends, I lead a nearly vegan lifestyle. On top of that I completely support the betterment of earth and all that inhabit it.

I hope you enjoy what we have to offer.

And with that, we start blogging!

Hi. I'm Jordann. I have been vegan (among other things) for several years. And I eat a lot. And there is something so beautiful about our planet and the way it functions. So I wanted a place to keep (and share) our recipes and other stuff.

I'm a broke ass poor college student in West Texas (cattle + oil country). But still there are lots of ways (we are just experimenting & discovering) to minimize our "carbon footprint" (and how disruptive we are to existing ecosystems), efficiently use our resources (because they are hella small!) and eat and drink stuff that is good and gives our body what it needs.

I love you!

“We stand now where two roads diverge. But unlike the roads in Robert Frost's familiar poem, they are not equally fair. The road we have long been traveling is deceptively easy, a smooth superhighway on which we progress with great speed, but at its end lies disaster. The other fork of the road, the one less traveled by, offers our last, our only chance to reach a destination that assures the preservation of the earth.”

-Rachel Carson

1 comment: